Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Start Here!

 Welcome to the Practical Data blog!


Here you will find information about how you can use data analysis, processing, transformation techniques and tools to get useful information/insights.


The goal here is to be as practical as possible, so we will have content here that is formatted to be assimilated as easily as possible by beginners. However, if you have no knowledge of data in general, it is necessary to get informed a little before proceeding to the practical examples.

I recommend reading about it here.

The idea here is to popularize the great importance and potential of data in general . A fact that I believe is not generally known to people.


"But why should I care about data?"

 To answer that question, I recommend reading this article.


A brief presentation:


My name is Thiago Lyra Rocha, I am a data engineer at V4 Company and a Computer Science student at the University of London. I was a sales representative for 6 years and I fell in love with data science in general when looking for technological tools that could help my sales process.


I started to study the subject by myself through MOOC's (Massive Open Online Courses ). I noticed its importance and potential and I decided to shift my career from sales to data engineer.

My main skills are data cleaning/modeling, ETL, Cloud (mainly AWS including but not limited to S3, Redshift, Lambda, and Athena) SQL, Python, R and machine learning.

Thank you for your visit !

Creating a Connector between AWS and Microsoft SQL Server in Python

One of the challenges I came across recently was to create a connector that would collect specific columns in a csv at AWS and load to a tab...